Tieman Industries was founded in 1953 by Neil Tieman, building tanks for the dairy industry.
Sales for the Tail Lift and materials handling exceeded $1 million for the first time in 1987.
In 1987 Tieman moved manufacturing of their range of tail lifts to Thailand. The move was forced by an acute nationwide shortage of tradesmen for factory work which made it impractical to build them in-house.
Tuffman opens new Melbourne based Head Office. A few weeks after purchasing the Tieman Tail Lift buisness, Tuffman moved into their new premises in the Eastern Melbourne suburb of Kilsyth South. The new site houses the companies administration and engineering department as well as a fully equipped workshop and spare parts department.
Wastech acquired the Tieman Tail Lift buisness, a week after acquiring the Tieman service fleet buisness. The Tieman service fleet and tail lift business's were aquired after Tieman Industries went into administration. Operating jointly under the umbrella of Wastech Field Service, the aquisition added a service fleet of over 60 vehicles and brought with it all [...]
Tieman moves from its historic home in Keon Park to new larger premises in Campbellfield, consolidating all manufacturing and bringing together both the tailgate and material handling operations at the one site.
In 1975 Tieman Industries made a major decision to specialise in tail lifts, tankers and material handling equipment. This decision led to the company progressively becoming a leading specialist in the chosen product areas.